Chad: Have you ever seen Michael Crawford on a cereal box?
Troy: Who’s Michael Crawford?
Chad: Exactly my point. He was the Phantom of the Opera on Broadway. Now, my mom, she’s seen that musical 27 times and she put Michael Crawford’s picture in our refrigerator. Not on it, in it.
Flynn~~~ He could basically have been created just for me.
disney males ranked scientifically by dreaminess, #1b
flynn rider/eugene fitzherbert, tangled (2010)
a fake reputation is all a man has.
Look, at some point during the development of Tangled, the people involved had a legitimate meeting solely dedicated to making Flynn hot. So, he originally looked like this, and were like, WELL I GUESS HE NEEDS TO BE ATTRACTIVE, and so the current version of Flynn was born, scientifically engineered to be hella fine. And certainly, these choices were to my taste: hair! sleeves! vest! adorably expressive eyebrows! These things, they are appealing. Thanks, Tangled execs, you made a move I would like to send you some tokens of my undying gratitude for.
In the spirit of being succinct: Ten reasons Flynn is the greatest, and claimed his portion of the #1 spot on this list mere moments into the film:
- rakishly handsome, see: my childhood adoration of Dimtri
- voiced by Zachary Levi, a dreamboat in his own right
- totally a dork underneath his suave exterior
- king of hilarious one-liners, the quickest of wits
- if you are about to see the lantern ceremony you have dreamed about your whole life, he will make sure you get the best seat in the fucking house.
- loves books and stories enough to name himself after his favorite character from one
- open to new things, flexible, see: his quick understanding of the superiority of frying pans as a weapon.
- capable of recognizing when it is not his story (makes it explicit in the opening monolgue, even), no matter what sexist marketing ploys his production company tries
- able to see the levity in most any situation, brush things off with a well-timed joke or incredulous expression
- excellent taste in real estate, ambitious, wants a castle
in conclusion, adorable and dashing enough that he snuck his way squarely into a foremost position in my heart.
Y’know, I read them both as queer, and yet I also find the scene where he asks her out to be totally adorable and delightful. Either way, I’m happy!
LOOK AT THESE DAPPER MOTHERFUCKING QUEERS
i remember when i started being all “you guys, i think kelsi is a lesbian!” and i thought i would be alone with my opinion but apparently the whole world agrees? IT’S GREAT. i have kelsi and ryan dolls thanks to kris herself. DON’T HATE
Kendall: Mom! Remember that time I saved you from choking? Wow, that was close. And I love you.
James: Okay, so, I traded in my James t-shirt for one with all of us, AND I’ve decided to make more eye contact with you guys